If you don’t want to provide personal information to us, then you don’t have to, however this may affect your use of this website.
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Identity data (including your name and username or similar identifier);
- Contact data (including your contact details such as your billing and delivery address, email address and telephone number);
- Profile data (including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- Usage data (including information about how you use our website); and
- Communications data (including your preferences in receiving updates from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
If you’re a visitor to the website and would like to deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym, feel free to do so.
2. HOW WE ACQUIRE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect this information from you when you make an enquiry with us by email or through the website’s contact form, or when you sign up to our e-newsletter.
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from you directly. We collect personal information about you provided by you, through searches and enquiries, and your use of our website.
We will destroy or de-identify information where we form the opinion that the information has been provided to us unlawfully or unfairly.
3. WHY WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold, and use your personal information as is reasonably necessary for us to perform our core functions and activities, including for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- to maintain a database of subscribers or similar
- to market to you and others, including remarketing (this may involve the use of a Facebook pixel or similar technology to allow us to display our advertising to you elsewhere on the internet, for example, on Google or Facebook)
- for internal record keeping
- for statistical purposes
- as required by law
Please note that we will not disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
5. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
6. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access: You can request details of personal information that we hold about you. We will respond to any request to access information within a reasonable time.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details set out below. We rely in part on you advising us when your personal information changes. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and to notify you of the correction, unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
Deletion: If you want us to delete personal information we hold about you or to not collect information from you for a specific purpose, such as targeted advertising, please contact us using the details set out below. Please note that if we agree to delete your information, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without retaining some residual information. We will functionally delete the information and we will not sell, transfer, or use personal information relating to you in any way moving forward.
We will respond to any request to access, correct or delete information within a reasonable time.
7. HOW WE MAINTAIN THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We undertake the following precautions to protect personal information we hold:
- We limit access to personal information to a “need-to-know” basis
- We protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information with industry-standard anti-virus software
- Data is securely stored on cloud servers
- All hard copies of personal information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only
- All conversations involving the discussion of personal information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel
- If we no longer need personal information, we take reasonable steps to delete or de-identify the information
While we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to you for any such occurrences. If a data breach occurs involving your personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm to you, we will notify you as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and related legislation.
8. HOW YOU CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT PRIVACY BREACH
9. HOW YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE OR OPT OUT
We like to keep our website visitors up to date, so from time to time we’ll send you newsletters, invitations and updates. Not to worry: our emails will always come with an “Unsubscribe” button, so you can opt out at any time. To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, use the “Unsubscribe” button in our communication or contact us using the details set out below.
You can also opt out of information collecting for advertising targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
11. CONTACT DETAILS
For any questions or notice, please contact the Coalition’s organising committee via email on email@example.com